Friday, September 23, 2011

Fat Bike the Beach

Things Rhino learned, while crushing the rigid SS Fat Bike around the gulf in Galveston, Texas. In a list, because I rule by the list.

1. Fat Bike is the most fun you can possibly have with your clothes on.
2. This chubby bike makes me giggle when I ride.
3. If you ride in the salt water and micro-fine sand at the gulf, and don't wash the bike for 2 days, you will seize the drive train.
4. The Fatty needs rebuilt after every beach trip, assuming you like to roll through the waves.
5. Riding half naked is the way to go. Co-ed naked Fat Biking would be better, maybe.
6. If you have a major issue standing still while your girl puts on your Bullfrog Lotion before you ride, you just might have a really silly spotty tan. I mean sun burn.
7. Cliff Bars taste different covered with sand.
8. Dogs off the leash on the beach don't give a shit about you, unlike the idiot dogs on the trails. Beach dogs must be more chill?<br>
9. Fisherman litter, big hooks...and look at you funny when you roll by.<br>
10. Homemade Rhino Juice can seal a huge treble hook in a tire. Pulling out said fishing hook is not advisable.
11. Bullfrog Lotion burns your eyes.
12. Riding over the dunes never gets old.
13. Always have an answer for: "Why are your tires so big?"
14. Beach bikepacking is on my future trip to-do list.
15. I found it hard to find Rigid Singlespeeders to join B.P.R. Arizona, and probaly even more rare to find Rigid SS Fat Bikers to join the B.P.R. Ludcracy.




1 comment:

  1. Sweet dude. I have a fat bike in the works. My plan is snowbikepacking - but I'll definitely be into beachbikepacking. Way to take the Ludacracy one step further.

    ReplyDelete